Commodity Price Indices and Terms of Trade
- The All commodity group import index decreased by -0.46% due to the fall in prices of live animals; animal products, products of chemical and Allied industries, and wood and articles of wood, wood charcoal
- The All commodity group export price index rose by 1.85% due to increases in the prices of Animal and vegetable fats and oils.
- The All products terms of trade (TOT) index increased by 2.30% due to increases in prices of Animal and vegetable fats and oils and other cleavage products
- The All region group export index rose by 1.85% due to rise in export prices to Asia and America.
- The All region group import index fell by -0.46% due to declines in import prices across all Regions.
- The All region terms of trade increased by 2.30% due to increased export prices to and Asia and America.
- Nigeria major trading partner countries in Q1 2019 were India, China, Spain, France and the Netherlands
- The major export to these countries were crude petroleum and natural gas
- The major imports from these countries were motorcycles, motor spirit (ordinary) and Machine for reception, conversion and distribution of voice/images.
Data source: National Bureau of Statistics
; Download Infographics