Road Transport Data (Q4 2017)
The Q4 2017 road transport data reflected that 2,489 road crashes occurred in Q4 2017. Speed violation is reported
as the major cause of road crashes in Q3 and it accounted for 45.08% of the total road crashes reported. Loss of control
and dangerous driving followed closely as they both accounted for 10.08% and 8.04% of the total road crashes
A total of 7,349 Nigerians got injured in the road traffic crashes recorded. 6,855 of the 7,349 Nigerians that got
injured, representing 93% of the figure, are adults while the remaining 494 Nigerians, representing 7% of the figure
are children. 5,366 male Nigerians, representing 73%, got injured in road crashes in Q4 while 1,983 female Nigerians,
representing 27% got injured.
Similarly, a total of 1,306 Nigerians got killed in the road traffic crashes recorded in Q4 2017. 1,200 of the 1,306
Nigerians that got killed, representing 92% of the figure, are adults while the remaining 106 Nigerians, representing
8% of the figure are children. 1,019 male Nigerians, representing 78%, got killed in road crashes in Q4 while 287
female Nigerians, representing 22% got killed.
A total of 214,256 national drivers licenses were produced in Q4 2017. Lagos and FCT produced the highest number
of drivers licenses while Zamfara and Kebbi States produced the least numbers of national drivers license.
Data source: National Bureau of Statistics