Road Transport Data (Q2 2017)
The Q2 2017 road transport data reflected that 2,503 road crashes occurred in Q2 2017. Speed violation is reported as the major cause of road crashes in Q1 and it accounted for 44.44% of the total road crashes reported. Loss of control and dangerous driving followed closely as they both accounted for 12.92% and 8.06% of the total road crashes recorded.
A total of 8,270 Nigerians got injured in the road traffic crashes recorded. 7,805 of the 8,270 Nigerians that got injured, representing 94% of the figure, are adults while the remaining 465 Nigerians, representing 6% of the figure are children. 6,217 male Nigerians, representing 75%, got injured in road crashes in Q2 while 2,053 female Nigerians, representing 25%, got injured.
Date source: National Bureau of Statistics / Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC)