Nigeria Online Recruitment Report Q3 2016
- The number of applications was considerably lower than in the third quarter of 2016; there were a total of 266,797 applications in the third quarter of 2016, compared to 815,163 applications in the same quarter of 2015, a 67.3% drop.
- By Contrast, the number of vacancies increased slightly relative to the previous period; in the third quarter of 2016 there were 14,112 vacancies, compared to 14,005 in the third quarter of 2015.
- Trade/Services remained the sector to attract the most applications (40.7%), as well as to advertise for the most vacancies (73.2%).
- Oil & Gas/Mining and Engineering were the two sectors to attract the highest amount of applications per vacancy, although at 80 and 68 respectively, the numbers are low relative to the previous quarter.
- Applicants were predominantly male (67.9%) and well educated; 77.5% were educated to degree level or higher.
- Lagos remained the state to account for the largest number of applicants and vacancies.
Date source: National Bureau of Statistics